Creating a group chat on mySecondTeacher is easy and straightforward. Simply follow these steps to create a new chat room for your students:
- From your dashboard, click on “Engage in Text chat with Students” or click on the “Chatroom” button on the navigation bar.
- On the left column of the chatroom, click on the plus sign (+) to create a new chat room.
- Type in the name of the new channel and add a short description of what the channel is about.
- Add the students you want to include in the channel. You can also make the channel private if necessary.
- Click “Create Channel.”
Once you have created a new chat room, you can start communicating with your students instantly. This feature is particularly useful for group discussions, clarifying doubts, and providing feedback on coursework.
With mySecondTeacher’s “session” feature, teachers can create and conduct live video and text-based classes for their students. This feature provides a convenient and effective way for teachers to engage with their students in real time, even when they are not physically present in the same location.
Teachers can conduct video-based classes via external links such as Zoom or Google Meet. This ensures that teachers can utilize the video conferencing software that they are most comfortable with while still enjoying the benefits of the mySecondTeacher platform.
To access the “Session” feature, simply login to your mySecondTeacher account and select the “create session” option from the action card. From there, you can create and schedule video classes , invite students to join the session, and interact with them in real time.
Live Classroom allows teachers to conduct online classes and text-based classes for the entire class or selected students of a class.
Video-based classes can be conducted via the Session feature on mySecondTeacher, and text-based classes can be conducted via Group Chatroom.
For example, you can create an online meet link through Zoom or Google Meet and share the class details consisting of the meet link through mySecondTeacher. You can share the time details according to your requirements.
Only teachers can create live video classes. They can choose to invite the whole class(es) or only selected student(s) in a class.
Creating a live video session on mySecondTeacher is a simple and straightforward process. There are three ways to create a session in the platform, you can choose the best option listed below according to your need
From the navigation bar
i) On the home page, click on ”Classroom” on the navigation bar.
ii) Then click on ”Sessions”.
iii) Then click on ”Create a session”.
iv) Enter the details (select In-class session or External session) on the pop-up and click ”Continue”.
v) Verify your details and click on ”Create a session”.
From Action card
i) On the home page, click on ”Create Session”.
ii) Enter the details (select In-class session or External session) on the pop-up and click ”Continue”
iii) Verify your details and click on ”Create a session”.
i) On the home page, click on ”My Time-Table” on the navigation bar.
ii) In the top left corner, you can click on “Create a Session”.
iii) Enter the details (select In-class session or External session) in the pop-up and click ”Continue”.
iv) Verify your details and click on ”Create a session”.
Once you’ve completed these steps, you’ll be prompted with a screen containing the session link. Your students will also be notified of the session. You can copy and share the link via messaging apps or email if needed.Remember, only teachers can create live video classes, and it’s an effective way to engage with students in real-time and provide a more personalized learning experience.
Entry into a classroom on mySecondTeacher is only permissible via invitation from the teacher or by using a 4-Digit PIN as a passcode set by the teacher.
It ensures that mySecondTeacher classrooms are fully secure and protected from external “bombers”.
Yes. you can!
Simply use the “External Link” feature when creating your class.
Everything else, including providing students with the correct links, will be done automatically for you.
To conduct live classes:
- Click on Task List at the bottom of the Teacher’s Dashboard. All your sessions scheduled for ‘Today’ and ‘Tomorrow’ will be listed here.
- Click on ‘Join Classroom’ to join a scheduled class. You will be redirected to a video chatroom that your students can join too.
- You can now conduct your class through the video call.
As a student, you can easily view all your scheduled sessions for ‘Today’ and ‘Tomorrow’ on the Task List at the bottom of your Dashboard.
To join a scheduled class, follow these simple steps:
- Go to your Student Dashboard and locate the Task List at the bottom of the page.
- Find the scheduled session you want to join either under ‘Today’ or ‘Tomorrow’.
- Click on the ‘Join Classroom’ button next to the session you want to attend.
- You will be redirected to a video session where your teacher will be conducting the class.
Alternatively, you can join a session by following these steps:
- Click on ‘Go to Classroom’ on the top navigation bar.
- Select the subject from the dropdown menu.
- Navigate to the day of the scheduled session and click on ‘Join Classroom’.
After a session has been scheduled, teachers can make changes. To edit the scheduled session, kindly follow the given instructions:
- Navigate to the “Session” from the “Classrooms” through the navigation bar.
- Go to the session where you would like to make changes.
- Click on the “Edit” button, from where you’ll be able to make changes in the session name, link, and date/time.
Click on “Continue,” and you will be able to update your scheduled sessions.